Climate Change - Minor
The College of Geosciences offers a minor in Climate Change. For specific program information, please reference the program requirements.
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|GEOS 210||Climate Change||3|
|Select the remaining courses from the following:||13|
|Weather and Climate|
or GEOS 105
|or Introduction to Environmental Geoscience|
|Physical and Regional Climatology|
|Geography of Energy|
|Global Climatic Regions|
|Polar Regions of the Earth: Science, Society and Discovery|
|The Science and Politics of Global Climate Change|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||16|
Students choosing to complete a minor in Climate Change must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 6 hours must be taken in residence at either Texas A&M University/College Station or Galveston.
- A minimum cumulative GPR of 2.0 must be achieved for all courses in the minor.
- Take a minimum of 16 hours of coursework, of which 3 hours of GEOS 210 Climate Change are required.
- The remaining 13 hours must include at least 3 hours of 400-level coursework and another 3 hours of upper-level (300- or 400-level) coursework from the list.
- Students with majors in the College of Geosciences must select only courses outside of their home department.
- ENGS students may not select this minor.