Geophysics - Minor
A minor in Geophysics requires 15 hours of Geology or Geophysics courses, with a minimum of 9 hours in Geophysics. The minor in geophysics may be especially useful to those in related technical fields who wish to apply their skills to problems in Earth science, such as mathematics, physics, and to those whose careers naturally intersect with the physics of earth materials, such as petroleum and civil engineering.
- Minimum of 15 credit hours in Geology or Geophysics. May not include GEOL 308 .
- Minimum of 6 credits must be taken in residence at either Texas A&M in College Station or Texas A&M in Galveston.
- Minimum of 9 credit hours in Geophysics.
- Maximum of 4 credits may be from selected courses in Geography or Oceanography, with approval of advisor (any substitutions must be approved by the department head).
- Minimum of 6 credits at the 300-400 level.
- Minimum of 2.0 cumulative GPA for all courses in the minor.