Electrical and Computer Engineering Program
Almost any technology that distinguishes the 20th and 21st centuries from previous history has the imprint of electrical and computer engineering - electric power, radio, television, radar, satellite communication, global positioning system, medical diagnostic and procedure systems, sophisticated domestic appliances, cell phones, computers and sophisticated sensors and control systems used in underwater, space exploration and national security. Electrical and computer engineering has advanced national and global prosperity through research, development and application of electrical and computer technologies and sciences for the benefit of humanity, and has helped create the global village. By choosing electrical and computer engineering our graduates embark on an exciting and productive career with endless opportunities and help in shaping a better future for mankind.
In support of the university mission, the mission of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Program is twofold:
- To provide quality education, well grounded in the fundamental principles of engineering, that prepares students for positions in industry, government and academia.
- To serve the industries and the governmental agencies in the State of Qatar through continuing education, outreach activities, consulting and research.
The program educational objectives of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Program are to:
- Be competitive in the electrical engineering job market by holding positions of increasing responsibility in industry, business, government and/or educational institutions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and communication skills through publication of papers, reports, patents and/or technical presentations at local, national and international meetings, or within the professional organization/company graduates are affiliated with.
- Seek continuous improvement and professional development of technical skills, knowledge and understanding through continuing education, pursuit of advanced degrees, and/or pursuit of professional licenses in their chosen profession.
- The extent to which the program is meeting these objectives is periodically assessed through such instruments as alumni surveys and employer/recruiter surveys. The goal is to continually improve the program’s ability to meet these educational objectives. The electrical engineering curriculum and individual course contents are periodically evaluated and adjusted in order to further support the ability to achieve the program objectives. The program welcomes comments and suggestions from any interested individuals regarding the above program objectives and/or how the program can better meet these objectives.
The undergraduate program in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Texas A&M University at Qatar is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET,