Biomedical Engineering - Minor
The Department of Biomedical Engineering offers a minor to students within the College of Engineering who are interested in biomedical applications of engineering related to the fields of biomechanics, biomaterials, and bioinstrumentation. Eligible students must submit an application in order to be considered for and allowed to pursue a minor in Biomedical Engineering.
Requirements: In order to earn a Minor in Biomedical Engineering, students must meet and adhere to the following requirements and guidelines:
- Admitted into a College of Engineering major.
- In good academic standing within major department (GPR of 2.5 or higher).
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA in minor courses.
- Complete the courses listed for the selected Biomedical Engineering minor track.
- Following acceptance into a particular track, change of Biomedical Engineering minor track will not be permitted unless by petition and review by the Director of Undergraduate Programs.
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|BMEN 282/CHEN 282||Engineering Biology||3|
|Select 12 hours from one area: 1||12|
|Computing for Biomedical Engineering|
Bioinstrumentation technical elective 2
|Introduction to Biomaterials|
|Biological Responses to Medical Devices|
Biomaterials technical electives 2
Biomechanics technical electives 2
|Total Semester Credit Hours||15|
Students must select courses exclusively from one of the three areas represented and not mixed.
See the departmental academic advisor for a complete list of technical electives.
Students must be admitted to a degree sequence in the College of Engineering or to the degree sequence in Biological and Agricultural Engineering. Applications are available in the Biomedical Engineering Advising Office and will be reviewed on a competitive basis.