Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - Certificate
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners (PMHNP) are Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) certified to assess, diagnose, and treat individuals and families with psychiatric disorders using their full scope of therapeutic skills, including the prescription of medication and administration of psychotherapy. The PMHNP post-graduate certificate provides graduate-prepared nurses with the knowledge and skills to seek certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. This certificate is available to those holding a previous graduate degree in nursing and an active, unencumbered RN license to practice in the State of Texas.
This program will prepare nurses who:
- Provide quality care within the scope of practice of the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Evaluate and utilize research within the role of a nurse practitioner who specializes in psychiatric mental health nursing.
- Provide ethical psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner care that is tailored to the unique culture and lives of the diverse populations of people served.
- Serve the people of the state, nation, and world as a leader with Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner competencies.
- Integrate communication and technology-based skills into the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner role.
This program is approved for delivery via asynchronous distance education technology.