Nursing - BSN, Second Degree BSN Track
The second degree (post-baccalaureate) track is for students who already hold a bachelor’s degree in another field of study. Acceptance into this track requires successful completion of prerequisite coursework prior to beginning upper division courses. All students will be required to complete core curriculum requirements if these were not met in the previous degree program. Contact the Office of Student Affairs for more information. This program is offered in Round Rock, TX.
Upper Level Entry to the Second Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Admission to the School of Nursing professional program is competitive.
Admission decisions are based on:
- The entirety of the student’s academic background
- Minimum grade of C in each prerequisite course and a recommended minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale);
- HESI A2 score,
- Minimum score of 75% in each required section;
- Timed verbal and written assessments;
- The student’s attributes and experiences, to include community service, leadership, work experience, and activities in health care; and
- Academic history of repeats, withdraws, or failures.