Electrical and Computer Engineering Program
Almost any technology that distinguishes the 20th and 21st centuries from previous centuries has the imprint of electrical and computer engineering - electric power, radio, television, radar, satellite communication, global positioning system, medical diagnostic and procedure systems, sophisticated domestic appliances, cell phones, computers and sophisticated sensors and control systems used in underwater, space exploration and national security. Electrical and computer engineering has advanced national and global prosperity through research, development and the application of electrical and computer technologies and sciences for the benefit of humanity. By choosing electrical and computer engineering our graduates embark on an exciting and productive career with endless opportunities in shaping a better future for mankind.
In support of the university mission, the mission of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Program is twofold:
- To provide quality education, well grounded in the fundamental principles of engineering, that prepares students for positions in industry, government and academia.
- To serve the industries and the governmental agencies in the State of Qatar through continuing education, outreach activities, consulting and research.
The objectives of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Program at Texas A&M University at Qatar describe what graduates of the program are expected to attain within a few years after graduation. These Program Educational Objectives are:
- Be competitive as electrical engineers in a diverse range of careers while maintaining high ethical standards.
- Assume leadership in their professional disciplines, organizations and communities around the world.
- Seek advanced knowledge through continuous learning such as pursuing graduate degrees/courses in their discipline or other fields.
- Continue developing effective teamwork and communication skills.
The extent to which the program is meeting these objectives is periodically assessed through instruments such as alumni surveys and employer/recruiter surveys. The goal is to continually improve the program’s ability to meet these educational objectives. The electrical engineering curriculum and individual course contents are periodically evaluated and adjusted in order to further support the ability to achieve the program objectives. The program welcomes comments and suggestions from any interested individuals regarding the above program objectives and/or how the program can better meet these objectives.
Before commencing coursework in the major, students must be admitted to the major or have the approval of the department.
The undergraduate program in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Texas A&M University at Qatar is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org/